Top 10 questions customers must ask before hiring a moving company in Patna
Before taking on a moving initiative, the initial step to be taken essentially is to delve into a moving company thoroughly. In general, an ideal professional moving company is open to receive your questions favorably and answer them readily and promptly.
When it comes to handful of general questions, a dependable moving company will ask you the following questions:
• What do you plan to move? Your shipment size resolves the exact rate.
• Do you plan to hire packing services? If yes, this includes specialty item packing and crating.
• Are there any stairs involved in moving? Stairs entail additional rates!
• Whether you have a large or small real estate property? A large property with a front door and parking typically are likely to entail extra cost!
• Are you interested in taking insurance? If interested in getting Full Value Protection, it will cost you additionally!
While there is great likelihood for you to answer your moving company’s questions, here are the top 10 questions you need to ask potential movers while looking for the best choice.
1. Since how long the moving company has been operating in the industry?
If a moving company is a startup and carries less experience, it is important giving attention to the company’s background very much. A moving company in Patna that has recently made its presence in the industry, you can offer high-quality service and that operate legitimately. Also for all potential users of a new company, it would be challenging for them to find reviews, take legal action, or other open complaints against them.
2. How well is the moving company reputable?
It is important to check what level of reputation a packers and movers Patna has, and one best way to do so is by checking online customer reviews online. If you do not find any such credentials, then the alternative way is to go over some other credentials citing their professionalism and excellence in the services. If a specific moving company gives you credential references, it expresses their reliability and professionalism indirectly.
3. Is the moving company certified and insured?
For some reason, if your moving company is unable to present the proof of their certifications and insurance on its website, do request them to present their Certificate of Insurance. Moreover, ask them to check their GST number. Once you find the certifications, you can rest assured that your items are ferried securely to your destination.
4. Does the mover offer bona fide fees?
While hiring a local moving company, it is important to consider your moving budget also. Resolving exact pricing and fees from a specific company will help you turn up a dependable mover offering bona fide rates only. In simple words, you need to defray a stipulated charge, notwithstanding the weight of your items overstepping the estimate.
5. Are there any specific particulars in your move costing additional charges?
This question refers to the moving charges in regard to the specific destination. That said, paying attention to the following details is good:
• Faraway relocation distance and interstate moves are charged according to the weight of the items
• Local moves are typically charged for every worker on an hourly basis
• International moves are typically charged according to the shipment’s volume
• Getting such information prior to getting in touch with your moving company can also help you ask questions about additional policies in regard to these various kinds of moves.
6. How will the moving crew keep damage to walls and carpets from taking place?
You will never appreciate and expect that any of your entire goods will be destroyed during moving. A professional moving company will lay bare the techniques and the various types of protection they use. For example, if there are large appliances, using moving pads, lugers and a dolly is obvious. Furniture should be dismantled and enveloped in blankets. Another key point factored in by a reputable moving company is that they take the measurement of the doorways and render you with a tract prior to the moving day.
7. Does the company have a proficient moving team?
It is always good for a moving company to have regular employees, not contractors. Meanwhile, it is also very important for the team employees to be professionally proficient and have undergone a check of their professional background. On the other hand, if a company does not provide insurance on customers’ items and in case they are lost or damaged during transit, then customers will have to incur the damage taken place.
8. Does the company impart training to its moving crew to pack and carry goods securely?
Conceive how your items will be dealt and safeguarded throughout the move. It is highly appreciated if they let customers know beforehand the type and variety of packing stuff they use, precautions they exercise throughout the move and the ambit of their insurance policies. Every employee of the company should be imparted such training, so it does not matter which crew members are assigned to your move.
9. How does the company process a claim in case items are misplaced or damaged?
Besides getting information on the insurance policy a mover carries, ask them to let you know their claims process. Irrespective of the various precautions your moving company exercises, the odds are high that one or even more items will get broken or lost while the moving process is going on. It is important to know what the company’s policy is in fact, in this way, you will be better able to manage and settle claims as soon as they take place.
10. When will your items reach your new home?
If it is a local move, in general, it will take a period of a fortnight to ferry your goods, but it may take even more time if the distance is long or involves an offshore move. Ask your moving company to learn when you can receive items at the new destination and it is effective to keep in touch with them all through the transit. A professional moving company will assign a delegate to your move, and they should give you updates until you get the delivery of your items at the new destination.